Murder by death
The facts are as follows:
- The two two twain residence has an unlimited supply of stone gargoyles.
- The two two twain residence has a butler.
- The butler is blind.
- The doorbell is quite loud.
- In fact it is a shriek. On rainy days it produces a lasting impression on the visitor.
- The day, with which we are concerned, was a rainy day. And there were many visitors expected.
- Consequently many shrieks were heard in the two two twain residence that day.
- One of those shrieks was produced by an actual woman.
- But that was due to the unnerving incident at the front gate followed by an unnerving incident at the room that left Mrs Charleston thoroughly unsettled and she gave out a shriek.
- Mrs Marbles takes care of her nurse.
- She is by profession a detective.
- In fact every visitor in the two two twain residence is a detective.
- They are here to solve a crime that has not been committed yet.
- But they shall have dinner first.
- The butler is given the charge of a deaf cook to prepare the meal for the guests of the two two twain residence.
- The cook is not only deaf but also dumb and can neither read nor write.
- Hence she just sits on a chair all while the butler is under the impression that she is cooking.
- The butler meanwhile assumes that the preparations are “light on seasoning” and goes on to serve the dishes.
- M. Pierre who has been hungry since he arrived is offended that there is nothing to serve.
- The clock strikes 11.
From this point on wards my memory is a bit hazy and I can not recollect the actual circumstances surrounding the events that took place after 11. I will try my best to give a record of the facts but they can not be trusted. Better watch the movie for your self
- The master of two two twain residence introduces himself.
- A murder is announced.
- The murderer still lurks in the dark.
- The prize money is revealed.
- The master retires into the adjoining room.
- The butler is dead.
- His clothes are missing.
- Detectives investigate.
- A knife is missing.
- The mystery of two dining halls!
- The mystery of two bathrooms!
- The puzzle of the two two twain residence.
- The butlers clothes reappear.
- The butler however disappears.
- The detectives join hands and pray.
- Another murder is committed despite their prayers.
- The detectives retire to their bed rooms.
- Attempt is made to kill all of them.
- The attempt is unsuccessful.
It is accepted that all solutions are correct ! and yet the crime remains unsolved. Can you solve it ?
- On December 24, 2013